Monday, October 18, 2010

The Wedding Weekend...pictures, as requested by yo granny!

This is what I found when I went to get in the car leaving from Jenny's house and going to Kerrville...poor Eljay had to move...







We made it to Kerrville in time for the rehearsal...except the plans were in Jono's truck that was being reapholstered, and the maid of honor was MIA in Mexico!








Everything worked out in the end, though, and Jenny sure did have fun! silly girl!


Here's Jono and Brock, his good friend who is in seminary, who performed the wedding! He did an excellent job, too.








The rehearsal dinner was really fun. We ate at Buzzy's, "The Best BBQ in Texas!" mmmm... I don't know how you get such an award, or who gives it, but the BBQ was pret-ty yummy.




Jono's best man, Jon Pratt, is here with his mom, who is my mom's best friend!









I love LOVE love that my cousin Asta flew down for the wedding. It meant so much to us! We only ever get to see her at Christmas, but this year, Eric and I saw her over the summer (she lives in a brownstone in fancy Brooklyn) AND now. We've got to keep this up.



We always have to take a cousins picture. Do you see the family resemblance?








Mom and Chelsea's mom had so much fun laughing together! I have no idea what Chelsea is doing in this picture, but I'm pretty sure it's posed...









I mean they were on a roll! I love hearing my mom's laugh, too. You can find this woman anywhere if she's laughing. It's great!



These pictures crack me up!

On to the left-justified pics...



Eric sure did help out whenever needed. Come to think of it, everyone pitched in so much this weekend.


Here's Chelsea's family. Do you see Zach Efron? I think Chelsea's little brother looks so much like him...with a Mexican twist! He said that people have asked for his autograph before.


Chelsea's family is so much fun. Her dad is hilarious, and her mom is really sweet. Jono sure did pick a great girl!







Oh, Eljay...do you need some attention?



...that floatie-seatbelt device is a travel pillow. It bends and curves into all sorts of handy shapes whatever your travel needs are.






...back to the right-justification...and LARGE pictures!


The day before the wedding was "River Day," just like we had (just searched for my post about it...I guess I was too busy). I got to take a jaunt down the river, but I sat in the middle of the boat... I was kind of bummed about that. I really like maneuvering in a kayak or canoe, but all of the other boats were taken!


Fortunately, I put my big girl panties on again and really enjoyed a unique experience with my dad in the back and....


...my 86-year-old grandpa Ken in the front! It was his first time on the river in probably 15 years (or more!). He was a PRO! He paddled the whole way (sometimes backwards...teehee) and didn't have to get out once.


He didn't even care that his rainbow suspenders were falling down.


Dad says he is the oldest person he has taken down the river.



I am truly thankful for the wonderful memory of this.




Toward the end of this stretch of the river, we have...the rope swing... this is the same one that gave Eric his gnarly scar on his leg (again, didn't blog about it...what's wrong with me?!).


Here's Asta, conquering the rope swing!





And on to the wedding day! Eric was in charge of my camera since I was a bridesmaid...unfortunately, he was also in charge of Mom's camera. So, I don't have many pics of the actual day. It was beautiful, though!



Here is the rescued maid of honor, Nadia. She made it in time for the wedding! She even made it in time to enjoy a quick run down the river.











And now you know...the REST of the story!

No comments: