Well, my frugal self just had to try this. I ended up calling her tonight just to make sure I heard her correctly when we visited (I was a teensy bit drowsy after all that driving through the night).
First, slice the potatoes. I'm going to try my KitchenAid attachment next time for quicker slicing.
Then lightly spray (with Pam or whatever) the tops of the potatoes. No salting yet!
Once they're lightly browned (not too browned unless you like the taste of burnt potatoes), throw them into a bowl with your favorite seasoning and shake! Catherine recommends Season-All, but we didn't have any. I just used salt and pepper.
- A 10-lb bag of potatoes costs less than $3. The above picture shows about one potato's worth of chips. We kept eating them, so it was hard to get a good picture. We're thinking about making a bunch and taking them in our lunches.
- It's relatively healthy. I like knowing what I put into my meals. We didn't fry these or anything -- it just has the oil from the cooking spray.
- It's a fun family-bonding experience! Eric and I hung out in the kitchen tonight instead of glued to the TV or our computers on the couch.
By the way, speaking of frugality, I'm still working on the first batch of homemade laundry detergent. It's only about 2/3 gone. My clothes get as clean as any other time I've washed them. I can't tell a difference! So, I'm keeping on keeping on with this stuff!
3 comments:
That's awesome! I remember when she first made these - she was so excited! And I'm a little jealous yall got to hang out...
So delicious!! And thanks for the shout out. I'm glad they turned out well and ya'll enjoyed them! It is a family bonding experience for sure! I'm so glad you and the fam came to visit, even if only for a brief moment.
Laura, you can bring some to book club!! Yeah, that's the ticket!!
Post a Comment