Granola costs so much at the store, and there are so many different kinds. I found this recipe online for homemade granola, and it was so easy! ...and cheap!
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup water
4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
8 cups rolled oats
1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
1 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
dried fruits, if desired
1. Combine brown sugar and water in a 4 cup microwave proof cup.
2. Microwave on high 5 minutes until sugar is completely dissolved.
3. Remove from microwave and stir in vanilla and salt.
4. In large mixing bowl, mix oats, nuts, and brown sugar mixture...thoroughly.
5. Spread onto cookie sheets and bake 45 minutes-1 hour until golden brown at 275 degrees F.
I just made mine plain jane because I didn't have the nuts on hand.
I plan on having lots of yogurt parfaits now! Look how much it made! This cost less than $2 (I guess adding the nuts and fruit would cost more, though).
Enjoy.
1 comment:
That sounds delicious! I'm going to have to be trying this soon.
Post a Comment