Okay, before I tell you, I've got to divulge how things went during the decision-making process. The first entry (and only entry for a long time) was Ashley. She's awesome and a friend from college. She's very deserving of this gift. Then, today, out of nowhere, three more people commented! My friend Erin from my hometown advertised about this on her blog. (Thanks!) So, things got a bit more exciting. She's great and I would love to give this to her (not just because of the free advertisement... :)). Amy G. commented and seems like such a deserving person as well, as her child is an answer to many many prayers, and her family has gone through quite a few valleys. Then there is Fish Bowl gal, who is teaching her daughter to memorize scripture. What a blessing this could be for her as well!
So, after much deliberating (and discussions with my twin sister), here's what I did to choose the winner... This was the fairest way we came up with. :)
I wrote all four names on their own piece of paper. I put all of them into a hat and had my husband Eric draw one of them... (he's super-excited to do this, as you can tell...and that's the only hat I could find on short notice at his parents' house in Chicago...)
ERIN!!!
Please please email me before Monday (I'll be in and out this weekend) and we'll work out the details.
Congratulations!
Now, for those of you who are amazing, but whom Eric didn't draw, here's the opportunity I have for you! Each of you gets a discount on a baby (or mommy, Amy) board. I sell them for $35 on my etsy site, but you can get one for $20! What a steal! Please let me know if you are interested and we can work out the details.
This first bloggy giveaway has been quite a learning experience. Thank you for your interest in this "outlet" of mine. Many blessings on you and your families!
6 comments:
I thought about leaving a comment, but decided it wasn't really Evan's style... And thought his daddy REALLY wouldn't like it. :) Love you! It's SUPER cute!
Good for you with such a creative and clever outlet for your artsy side! Just made me wish for a grandchild...almost...maybe...eventually! Anywaze, whenever I am in the market, I shall certainly look your way! Love those precious Daultons!
Yay for a discount!
I would love one for baby Corey. He is coming on 09/09/09, Brainstorm something cute. It is a firetruck nursery so red, grey, black, blue, white colors. You are so talented!
Allie, what about Elizabeth?? :) Ashley, let's chat! Vicki, definitely keep me in mind when the grandkids start "arriving"!
I got your painting in the mail today! I was so excited! I had no idea that Erin sent it to me:) That was so sweet and I love it! It is hanging on my kitchen wall. I asked for a Mom one because I figured Mark, my son, wouldn't be super excited about a pink painting in his room:) Thanks so much Laura and I posted your blog on my facebook page for others to see your work.
Amy, I so thoroughly enjoyed reading your story and gifting you the board. Erin was precious for passing along her win! Thanks for the shout-out on facebook. :)
Post a Comment