We have been able to travel a lot so far -- something that we both value. We have been able to have many people into our home. We have enjoyed walking to the snow cone stand a few minutes from our apartment. We have enjoyed learning how to save money. We have supported each other when we've really wanted to spend that money (me). We have prayed daily and have tried to read the Bible together daily. I've learned how deeply Eric cares for others and thinks of others first. He's learned to cook for me, for goodness' sake! He makes me laugh so much (see above picture). I just love him!
I hope he doesn't get jealous of this frog...
Friday, July 03, 2009
happy first year!
Eric and my first date was at the Fort Worth Botanic Gardens to see a live concert by the symphony. I talked his ear off explaining my college t-shirt quilt my grandma and I had made. Since then, we celebrated our one year dating anniversary there and our one year wedding anniversary there! (Our two year dating anniversary was spent getting married.) :)
This year, we saw a bluegrass band, Cherryholmes. They were amazing! If anyone wants to get me an early Christmas present, get me their CD. They're a family band who has been through some tragedies together. They went to a bluegrass festival to get their minds off everything and just fell in love with the music. They've been receiving Grammys ever since!
This was our view from our picnic. :)
Notice the t-shirt quilt..
Apparently, blogger doesn't want to cooperate with me moving pictures around, so these are a bit out of order. Isn't Eric a cutie?? When we got married, we were told (by several people) that each day we would fall more in love with each other. I love knowing what that feels like now! Sure, we've had our battles (like when to clean up puddles of water around the sink after brushing teeth....and when to take breaks from life and be totally lazy -- that was difficult for me to learn, but so necessary), but overall, I couldn't have asked for an easier transition to married life. This year has been great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Anniversary! I do miss Fort Worth! Maybe we'll move back sometime... :) I got your email. I'd love one and I think your idea sounds fantastic. We may have to wait for a birthday or Christmas. We will see.
Happy Anniversary! Married life is so great!
Post a Comment