Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Teamwork!

Eric did an amazing job last night at TND! He's really gettting the hang of preparing a meal and I'm so proud of him! I helped out a little by trimming the fat off the chicken and getting the pans out to use, but he did all the rest. Here's what the menu was:

Crispy Parmesan Chicken -- chicken dipped in butter and coated with a Ritz cracker/parmesan cheese/garlic/parsley mixture
Corn with pepper
Salad
French Bread -- Pillsbury

It sounds so simple, but the chicken was so tender and yummy. :) Good job, honey!

Eric also cleaned up as he cooked (which helps a WHOLE lot!). As soon as everyone was done eating, he washed all of the plates, which made clean-up really simple for me (whoever cooks, the other cleans, typically). After everyone left, we picked up the house and I got on another little cleaning kick and vaccuumed.

Eric sat out on the balcony watching the storm, and we had fresh air in our apartment with the door open -- the weather lately has caused our apartment to naturally get up to about 78 degrees, so we needed some of the outside air. :)

What a great night. I just love going to bed knowing our apartment is clean.

Does anyone else have a good "teamwork with the hubby" story to share?

1 comment:

The Brackeens said...

Well, I don't know about a story, but my husband is a fantastic chef! I just love it. Unfortunately, neither of us really have enough time to devote to "real" cooking. I never thought I'd find a man who can cook - what a blessing!!! That chicken sounds yummy!!!