Thursday, March 05, 2009

www.e-mealz.com

So, Eric and I are doing the Financial Peace University class at church. We're at week 2 and really like it so far. Our friends Ted and Megan are facilitating things, and they had given us the Total Money Makeover book for our wedding. We read the book and began working on the baby steps. We've luckily been able to save quite a bit and we're learning how to live on a budget.

WELL, our group leaders for our FPU class, Patrick and Chelsea Farris, told us about how they do their meal planning for the week. I know personally, I check frugal mom blogs to come up with some semblance of a plan before I go grocery shopping. I've found some great things, but it does take some effort. Some of the blogs I like in this area are www.grocerycartchallenge.blogspot.com and www.5dollardinners.com.

Well, Patrick and Chelsea subscribe to their meal plans at www.e-mealz.com. It's basically $5 a month, and it has all these different options to choose from. Eric and I chose the Wal-Mart Plan for Two. So, it hunts the rollback prices and seasonal goodies at Wal-Mart. The meal plan has all five meals and recipes on ONE page (!!!) and the next page is a shopping list divided into categories. Plus, because we chose a specific store, they have the prices listed (which, I realize, may vary).

I'm very excited about all this and will have to let you know how it goes. Apparently, we'll be eating the following for dinners this next week:

Smokey Orange Chicken
Salsa Burgers
Bacon Mushroom Quiche (only 1/2 with mushrooms cuz I don't like those slimy things...)
Tender Beef Pot Pie
Southwest Chicken Salad

So, these are recipes we may not think to make if I had to choose. Hopefully, it'll stretch my horizons a little, too!

What do you do to plan meals?

1 comment:

Ted C. Howard said...

We're actually giving the e-mealz a try as well. We're doing the points-system Walmart for 2. Hopefully this will work out well.