My long-lost-and-now-found-friend Mindi had a recipe exchange post on her blog with a link to the Grocery Cart Challenge. Well, I have now spent the last few hours sinking my teeth into this blog. I have been looking for recipes that are easy, fast, and without too many exotic ingredients so I don't have to spend hours at the market. Well, I found a great resource!
This blog is by this gal who has 4 kids and needs to shop on a budget. Now, I know it's just me and Eric, but there was some good advice in there. I'm trying to get my act together before school starts up again, because I know I'll be stressed and busy. The idea is to make a weekly plan (sounds obvious, but I hadn't come to the point of writing it all down) and sticking to the shopping list for the week (another thing I have trouble doing). So, here goes for this week:
Monday: Chickpea, Cherry Tomato, and Feta Salad
Tuesday: (I'm hosting Tuesday Night Dinner this week) Hamburger Noodle Bake, salad, and Chocolate Eclair for dessert
Wednesday: dinner with the gals, Eric's on his own
Thursday: Greek Pasta Salad with Couscous
Friday: Southwestern Wraps (to use up some of our cans of beans in the pantry)
All of the recipes can be found on http://www.recipezaar.com/.
Oh, and I found a neat recipe for Very Vanilla Muffins that calls for a cup of vanilla yogurt. I knew I had some left over in my tub of yogurt, so I measured it out and it was exactly a cup! Eric will be excited he can have something besides cereal for breakfast this week!
Do you have any easy recipes or great websites to tell me about?
3 comments:
Pioneer Woman Cooks is great. (www.pioneerwoman.com) It has GREAT recipes. I probably use kraftfoods.com the most though.
BEAUTIFUL wedding pictures and many congratulations and blessings to you, friend.
I love A Year of Crockpotting (http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/) Blog. Every meal I have made has been delicious! It is also gluten free recipes if that matters to you. I love this because the little one needs a lot of attention right about the time I need to be cooking dinner. How great it is to get things cooking when she's a happy camper and I also have the kitchen spotless by lunchtime. I've even done salmon, which can be scary, in the crockpot. Perfecto!
Laura, I have to second the Pioneer Woman website. Pape has opened my eyes to the greatness of this lady. And it's really common ingredients... AND she puts pictures of every step of the process, so you know you're doing it right. We've cooked practically all of the meals in Brazil from that website. :)
love you!
jenny
Post a Comment