Sunday, May 13, 2007

Help!!

Can someone explain how THIS got into my 3rd floor apartment??? It left behind a "treat" for Anne... she called Maintenance, who came and cleaned it up and "looked" for the critter that left such a pile... Eric came over and actually looked behind things and under things. He said, "Anne, do you have a long brown necklace?" And that was when he realized he found a snake in our apartment...

We're still wondering how it got in -- people have told us it could have come through the toilet (ew!), the air vent (watch out!), or in a chair Anne bought at a garage sale (blechk!).

Luckily, it was a rat snake...which I guess explains why we haven't had a rodent problem. It was about four feet long, and about an inch or so in diameter. We had trouble sleeping the first few nights, but now it all seems like a dream.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

What on earth?!?! I think I'd move if I were you (either that or never sleep again.) I'm a scaredy-cat when it comes to wildlife in my house. A couple weeks ago there was a random dead rat on our doorstep - no explanation how it got there. Perhaps a cat left it as an offering? We could probably use your little friend down here. Love to you and Anne! Pape

Katie said...

That totally freaks me out! I hope you're able to s-s-s-s-sleep s-s-s-soundly now!

Anonymous said...

THAT is freaking awesome. at first , before blowing up the photo, i thought it was a giant piece of...ya know...doody, and i was like "eric is playing a jooooke!!" but THEN...wow! thats a giant snake!

Mad Rappin EW said...

That's actually not a bad idea Jeremy. You know anyone that owns a pet snake?

Brantly said...

dude i wouldnt be able to sleep for weeks

maplesjess said...

Gross! I love snakes - but not when they are uninvited & roaming freely in my home! So sorry! Glad it's over and hope it NEVER happens again!