Sunday, April 08, 2007

Spring is here!

All of these pictures were taken on our road trip to Houston for Jonathan's last LTC (Leadership Training for Christ).


Camping, LTCing, road tripping... all are signs that spring is here! One of my favorite parts of spring is looking at all of the wildflowers on the Texas highways as I drive south to be with my family during LTC. This year, yellow was the color, although the bluebonnets and the Indian paintbrush were beautiful as well.

How do you celebrate springtime?

I know it's been ages since I've posted... I guess since the "Starbucks and Cell Phones" post didn't accrue any comments, I got kind of bummed about blogging. :) But I'm back! No promises on consistency, though... I still don't have internet at home.

So, although I thrive on being busy, I've been doing a great job of resting a little more. I'm not signing up for everything, just mostly everything. Hey, it's progress! This weekend, our singles' class is doing 48 hours of service that we call "Children of Promise." Here is a link to the prayer blog we set up. You can access some of the pictures I took this morning when we went to a donation center to help organize and sort through things. Whew!

Going back to not signing up for everything, I decided to choose a couple things this weekend that I wanted to focus on, and let other people do the rest. I don't have to be at everything! Things will get done without me there. I now realize how self-centered I had been... do you think that we stay busy because we are not trusting of other people and we think we are the only ones who can accomplish a task to our liking? Am I alone in this? okay, moving on...

Summer is fast approaching. Jenny, Asta, and I have been trying to come up with a week we can all go to California to help grandma. The week that is good for Asta and me is not good for Jenny, and the week that is good for Jenny and me is more expensive for Asta. ugh! what to do, what to do...
The other parts of summer include (in no particular order): going to Honduras on a mission trip, writing curriculum for the children of men in a prison ministry, visiting Chicago with Eric, going to training for school, going to Jonathan's graduation, moving Jonathan to ACU, and enjoying my long break from teaching. We teachers need refueling! Whew!

Any fun summer plans from anyone out there???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

laura, i checked your blog a couple days ago, and I had a feeling that you were waiting for someone to comment, so I almost did....but alas... kinda funny.

anyways, I'm hoping to take my FIRST international trip in july and go to see holly and tj in the dominican!

Anonymous said...

hey sis! glad to see you've posted a new message, finally. i'm a closet blogger, you know... i get sucked into reading everyone's blog, but never comment or post my own. consider this a special treat!

Mad Rappin EW said...

I'm glad your sister came out of the closet... of blogging. You already know my plans but I will post them anyway - besides what you listed of Honduras & Chicago - going to the first ever Cubs/Rangers game on Juneteenth, buying a pet Rat snake, seeing The Fray, Eisley and Evanescence and ofcourse working in the studio with you to produce our first full length rap album.

The CineManiac said...

Laura!
Long time no talk to. I will be enjoying the summer off from law school (only 1 year to go) and plan on seeing as many movies as I possibly can!
Also I will hopefully working somewhere close to Malibu, preferably doing legal work.
Jeri will be teaching pre-school until June and then have some time off. And finally for Labor day we're flying to New York City!