Last weekend, my parents and the Polish girls came up to Dallas to visit.
Background #1: My parents met two Polish girls at the airport when picking up my roomie (who was visiting my sister). These girls seemed very lost and they were supposed to be working at Sea World for the summer. Their bags were lost in Paris and they were supposed to live in an unfurnished apartment with a paycheck that could hardly pay the bills. Making a long story short, my parents took them in and Jenny and Anne helped them find jobs in Kerrville. Gotta fill the space Jenny and I left when we moved out somehow! (Andy and Donna, if y'all are reading this, I showed the girls your Christmas card and they were very excited to see the Polish Christmas message you wrote!)
Background #2: Anne and I haven't exactly decorated our apartment since we moved in a year ago...it was high time we got our act together! I was talking with my mom about this the other day and she had so many good ideas. I said, "Momma, I'm not sure I can visualize all of your creative ideas.......I think you may need to come visit me to help me out with the decorating..." It worked and they came! yay!
Background #3: Cultural Weekend #1 occurred four years ago when the Queso Casa made a trip to Dallas to visit Katie and Shanta as well as my best friend Angie (Ft. Worth). We had a grand old time, but this weekend had to be named Cultural Weekend #2 because Cultural Weekend #1 was taken...
Eric served as our tour guide for the weekend. Since he's from Chicago (Chi-town as he calls it), he's had to show his parents and friends-not-from-Texas around Dallas as well. So, he led us down the confusing streets to see the grassy knoll, eat some good Texas barbeque, and see the life-size longhorn exhibit downtown. A few of us went to the top of Reunion Tower. Then, it got really hot outside and we needed to call it quits and head back to my apartment.
After all the fun of the weekend, here's what our work-still-in-progress looks like:

4 comments:
It was a fun weekend in Dallas town. But you didn't tell anyone about the exposure of the Polish ladies to the Addition Jazz scene and the chicken extravaganza at Babe's. But alas, that must in a future blog.
Dad
Those were good times. I'm glad you had such a good tour guide there with you to show you around. One more thing you left out was how we did a drive-by in Oak Cliff. That was crunk fo shizzle.
long live the cultural weekend! mayb we should plan one for fort worth too!
I still relive that fun cultural weekend from time to time, and even when my parents came to town! Good times.... I'm glad you had fun.
Post a Comment