Wow, I never thought I'd get to go to a Riverdance show, but thanks to Katie, not only did I get to go, I got to sit on the lower level of the Bass Hall in an incredible seat! Katie's friend Holly's dad has company tickets to many shows and he decided not to go. Holly gave Katie 2 tickets and Wednesday night, Katie asked what I was doing on Thursday. To make a short story long, I got to go last-minute.This was perhaps one of the most fun performances I've been to. There are a few others that top the charts, like Stomp (at the Majestic in San Antonio), Cirque du Soleil (in Disney World with my family), and I loved seeing "Thoroughly Modern Millie" in London with Kristi and Jacque. But Riverdance was fantastic and it ranks #1 with me at the moment!

My favorite part of the show was the dance-off (or tap-off) between two jazzy soul dancers and three Riverdancers. so fun! However, not only were the dancers spectacular, the musicians were great as well. They were as much a part of the show as the dancers, with their own costume changes, solos, and playing to the crowd.
Onto other things, tomorrow I'm driving 7 hours to Memphis, TN. I'll spend most of my wonderful Spring Break with my amazing sister. I can hardly wait! I have a few things to go before then, so I better wrap this up. More adventures to come!
6 comments:
Yeah! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I had a blast too!
lucky lucky lucky!!!! ive always wanted to see riverdance and stomp!!
Hey Laura,
I just found your blog, howdy! I'm glad that the Dallas life is treating you well, sounds like things are great! I'm so glad I get to see what you're up to now!
Becky Homsher
I love riverdance too. Those people are in such great shape! I was exhausted for them!
hey talk to jenny about which week is good to come visit her this summer!
Riverdance came to the Metroplex?!? And I didn't know it?
Post a Comment