We have the privilege of having the Hill family stay with us for a week.
They are missionaries to China that our church supports.
They just happen to have an 18 month old daughter
(score! instant playmate for G!).
We have had such a great time getting to know this sweet family.
Even though our house isn't the biggest or the best,
we do have a guest room
and the kid stuff.
Maybe someday we can swing over to Beijing and visit them!
(Don't worry...there were three adults surrounding this daredevil.)
(I had to post this cutie-pie picture, too!)
G and LG have fun together,
and we have fun with Andrew and Jaime
(who, surprisingly, are very similar to us...just mirrored).
Shout out to Eric... he has such a hospitable heart. He knew how important it was for me to spend this past weekend with my sister in Austin at ARTreach. He kept G, took great care of him, AND was a great host to our guests. He even made Turkey Cookies on his own to take to the International Thanksgiving Dinner. He EVEN made it to early service at church on time! I mean, really. This guy is a keeper.
Our guests have been so much fun. Jaime is sweet with a servant heart. I don't think our kitchen has ever been this consistently clean! Oh, and she's cooking for us tonight! Andrew provides us with great conversation and home improvements...He fixed Eric's closet door (finally!), checked out why our dryer isn't the greatest, and raked up all the leaves in our yard. Wait, he didn't do the last thing. That's just wishful thinking.







5 comments:
I really admire how hospitable you are, Laura! That is a quality I hope to cultivate in myself more. Maybe you could give me lessons? :)
Also, I CANNOT WAIT to get the three musketeers together again at Thanksgiving!!!!
Wow. That's awesome!!! I really want to use my house for God's glory. I hope I'll be open when the opportunity presents itself.
We met the Hills in Bejing Christmas of 09. They are wonderful people. It's so neat to see how lives weave together.
Had I found the rake, maybe they would've been handled...
Thank you Laura, Eric & sweet pea G! We love you & miss you guys already! Thanks so much for your amazing hospitality, kind hearts & perfect home:) oh, I was going to rake the leaves, but ran out of time:(
Post a Comment