Eric and I left Dallas at 3:00 (when I was "released" from school...actually, we snuck out a teensy bit early) to drive to Dripping Springs, TX (south-west of Austin!!) for a 7:00 wedding. I plugged the address into my Garmin and it told me the projected time of arrival...6:38....that's without traffic...and we had to get through Dallas, Waco, and Austin traffic plus a pit stop to get gas and change drivers to get there on time. Each time we hit the inevitable traffic, I watched as my Garmin slowly ticked closer to 7:00. Half-way through our trip, we made a 3-minute stop for gas and to change drivers. Eric said, "Laura, why don't you change into your wedding attire so we can switch and I can change later." Done.
We arrived at the wedding site at exactly 7:02. We frantically ran in to find that the wedding hadn't started (YAY!) and that we had made it! All the prayers during traffic really worked -- thanks, God!!
The wedding was beautiful! We sat with Jenise and had a great time!


Announcing...Jessica and Michael Hixson!!!

We drove to San Antonio with Jenny to have breakfast with g'ma, g'pa, Aunt Gail, and Dad before they left to move g'ma and g'pa to Houston to live.


After a very interesting breakfast at the McDonald's inside a Wal-Mart (thanks, googlemaps for not specifying!), Eric and I drove back to Dallas while the rest headed to Houston. What a day!
Our big road trip begins tonight (Sunday) to Little Rock, Nashville, Asheville, Chattanooga, Huntsville and back. We hope to spend good quality time with many friends that we haven't seen in awhile. More to come!
1 comment:
I feel so honored I made your blog - and that ya'll made the wedding! Kudos to Garmin, God and 3 minute bathroom breaks! :)
Post a Comment