Tuesday, February 19, 2008

New Blog Style!

Yeah, I'm fairly certain that only a dearth of people actually check up on me. So, if you are one of them, please let me know! I may post more!
This past weekend was a marathon! Literally! I started by taking a half-day on Friday to drive to Abilene. I went to the Friday night performance of Sing Song to support my brother and 5 cousins! yes, FIVE!

I had lots of good family time, which was much needed. Then, I drove to Austin to cheer on Jenny and Dearing in their half-marathon. Here's them beginning!




They did an awesome job! They both ran the entire way and finished in 2 hours 37 minutes!!! I loved holding up the signs and getting others to cheer for them!

I also was able to spend some wonderful time with Allie and her kids!


This weekend would have been perfect if Eric could have come... but he got sick last week and the weather was less than kind for a sick person. ;)

8 comments:

The Screenwriter's Wife said...

I bet you didn't even know that I knew you had a blog! just fyi - I followed people's blog trails and subscribed to everyone from ACU I know! :)

so keep writing...I'm reading... :)

mindy said...

Hey Laura! I read your blog..I guess I should tell Ronnie that I read hers too:) I say keep blogging! Glad you had a fun weekend...hope your having fun with wedding plans too!

Katie said...

I'm not quite sure how many people qualify for a "dearth," but count me in!

Glad to see the update & glad you had a great time this weekend!

Jessica said...

We wondered how your busy weekend went! Eric looked sad he didn't get to be part of the marathon! :)

Aubrie said...

Laura! I'm so excited you have a blog. It's so addicting. I'm adding you to my links right now.

Jennifer said...

I check your blog about once a week, more out of habit and undying hope than anything... As it was loading just now, I was like, wait, whose blog did I click on? This doesn't look like Laura's blog. What happened to the "I'm Engaged" post??? What?!?! She posted again!?! How exciting! Keep the posts coming! Much love from Pape

Sascha Terry said...

I'll post more if you post more.

Love,
Sascha

Natasha said...

Sounds like a fun weekend Laura! That is so cool Dearing and Jenny ran a half marathong, I totally want to do that:) Hopefully we'll see you in June:)