Thursday, July 19, 2007

Tea Party



This morning, Jenny, g'ma, and I put together a tea party. We invited g'ma's friend Helen (far right) to come over at 10:30am. I made the scones (apricot and pecan -- yummy!)...

...and Jenny made the yummy little sandwiches that every tea party needs: thinly sliced apples and a brown sugar/cream cheese mix on cinnamon bread. Needless to say, we stuffed ourselves! Jenny did a great job pouring the tea.

We all got to choose which plate/teacup combo we wanted. All of the china we used was painted by my dear grandmother who claims that "anyone can china-paint." I try almost every time I visit and I am proof that that statement is not true. :)

Many years ago, when Jenny and I were little, we decided to have a tea party in g'ma's room, very similar to the one we had this morning. But for our tea party back in the day, we wore g'ma's house coats and robes... I think even my older brother put one on to fit in! Ha! Such good times.

What other fun memories do you have with your grandmother?

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Now that is so awesome. All of my grandparents have passed away. It breaks my heart that they were never able to meet Cody or Carley. What a neat and special memory with your grandma!

I need your scones recipe!

Mad Rappin EW said...

We will have to have a tea party together some time.




Just kidding. I enjoyed playing ping pong and talking sports & politics with my grandpa & hanging out outside in their back yard with my grandma.

Anonymous said...

this is old!!!! We need new stuff!!!