Saturday, October 21, 2006

It's a Beautiful OOOOO(day)HHHHHHH!

Why do I always do this to myself?

I'm the type of person that thrives when a lot is going on. I'm mostly an extrovert, but I also tend to get stressed out when I don't have "me time." The past few weeks have been a bit out of control (as I say oh so often). I've been running from one activity to another and hardly have time to clean my room or just read or even just watch a few of my favorite TV shows! Last weekend, I dragged Eric to ACU homecoming. That is a whirlwind trip in itself. Since I'll be out of the country for Thanksgiving, last weekend was a time for me to spend with my family (needless to say, that was a bit much for Eric, but he survived!).

This weekend, though, has been a little different. I always enjoy staying in Dallas for the weekend because it typically means I can sleep in (a luxury I don't get during the week). Of course, I had errands to run, but I have carved a few precious moments out of my day to relax. As we all know, based on my last post (long, long ago), I cannot connect to the internet from home at the moment. I don't want my laptop to go to waste (thanks for the Christmas present last year, Mom and Dad), so I figured I should remedy the lack of use.

I assumed the business center at my apartment complex would have WIFI. I got everything set up today and got settled and comfy. I turned on my laptop and.....there was no connection!

Therefore, I took some much needed advice from Eric and tried to find a place around my complex to "borrow" the web from another unsuspecting neighbor. I found my place! I have been sitting next to the pool (in the shade) for the past hour or so. God has blessed me with perfect weather as well!

I am rejuvenated. I love spending time outside and I've been failing to find opportunities to do that in the city. But, alas, I need to rush off to my next activity.

This one's a fun one, though. In the spirit of tradition, I'm putting on a 42 Tournament with our Singles' class at church and the Hearts In Action class (older folks, but not too old). I hope it goes well and people have fun. My main purpose was to get to know some other folks in our church because oftentimes we singles can stick to ourselves. Goodness, there's enough new people to meet each week as it is.

So, I'll try to blog more. Like Kelly said last weekend, she keeps up with me from Africa through this boring blog, so I'd hate for her to think I've fallen off the face of the earth!

Until next time...

4 comments:

Kelly Vaughn said...

Yea!! A new post from one of my favorite people!!! I am back in Benin and I am checking your blog!!! It was so good to see you in Abilene and to meet Eric too! Wish I could have visited with you both longer! Keep posting! I'll be looking! Love you!
Blessings,
Kelly

Mad Rappin EW said...

You forgot to mention that during the trip to homecoming I allowed you to buy me an ACU T-shirt. That allowed me to officially be accepted by your family.

Brantly said...

hey laura! sry i havent checked your blog in a while. jonathan said that you were at the acu homecoming parade. i was so dissapointed that i missed you! i got up like 10 minutes after it started because our homocoming was the night before and so we had a party at the family life center (the school puts it up, so no need to worry ( ;) and i was up past 2. well email me sometime! hope to c u soon!
-brantly

Anonymous said...

L-dawg,

I'm glad you got some nice 'me' time. Why didn't you call me? Just kidding! Love ya and miss ya,
d

PS- i was reminiscing about our ballet fun at the Queso Casa the other day.