For example, since the New Year, I have hardly been at my apartment other than to sleep. After the MLK, Jr. holiday, I had something every night. Tuesday night dinner (which I love!), Wednesday church, the symphony last Thursday, chaperoning my old youth group at Winterfest on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday:
The band, "Shades of Green," was at Winterfest for "Battle of the Bands." I saw them a few months ago at Richland Hills Church of Christ with my dear friend Angie. Angie had worked with their family in Kazakhstan (sp?). This family is amazing!
After the crazy weekend, we had a leadership meeting after church. Some good things are happening at Prestoncrest, but the issues brought up made me want to tone down my schedule a bit to make room for more of a leadership role with that group.
Back to the craziness: Monday, I went to the Stars game:


Tuesday was TND again, Wednesday church, and tonight Dearing is coming into town for the weekend. I haven't seen her since I visited her in Costa Rica!
The purpose of the play-by-play is that I am too busy, overly busy, je suis tres occupe! These are all good things that are happening, but I hardly have a minute to cook dinner (er...New Year's resolution...), or even just to sit down! And after being on my feet all day with my precious 6th graders, that's tough.
I seek your prayers as I embark on simplifying my life yet again. It seems that every season, I have to do some kind of spring cleaning with my life. I'm excited about what the future has in store, especially at church with our Singles' group (sidenote: I hate that term. Why must we be classified by our relationship status...or lack thereof?).
Any pointers on how to reprioritize?
6 comments:
it was good to see you! i love you!
I like the smoking Star. Kudos to wearing a green scarf...very appropriate.
Phew Laura. :) That's tough, I enjoy having a full life too. But I live with my 36 students, so I have to sieze my down time when I've got it. Try to find a really relaxing activity that you really enjoy that you can do at home or some place that's quiet...taking a bath, getting a massage, reading a book, watching a favorite tv program etc. That way even if you have stuff going on, you can kind of carve a little time out to do a "you" thing. But it could also be fun just to carve out a "date night" for yourself every week. A little "sabbath" in the middle of the week. Love you, hope you get a little less hectic soon!
We're still praying for ya and we hope that the Lord is guiding you along to the right path. :) By the way, is that Jessica in that picture next to you at the Star's game? We LOVE Jessica and totally miss her. Do say hello to her for us when you see her again.
Jacque, I do go to the chiropractor on a regular basis and that is very relaxing. As far as the date night thing goes, Anne and I have roommate nights...does that count? Thanks for the advice!
Debbie, yes, that is Jessica! Hopefully she can come to TND when it's at my house in a couple weeks. I'll tell her hi for you.
wow!!
Post a Comment