
My grandma has a working ATARI from my childhood (rather, my g'pa's mid-life crisis or my 31-year-old brother's childhood). It is in working condition and still provides hours of entertainment among her grandchildren. We have collectively come up with the top 10 reasons why ATARI is fabulous.
10. You only get 3 (or 5, depending on the game) lives -- no saving, no excuses.
9. No blood and guts; you just die.
8. The mesmerizing music...plus, you have to wait until it stops to begin the game.
7. The simple names: Defender, Jungle Hunt, Kangaroo, Pitfall, Donkey Kong, Frogger...
6. 2 buttons -- none of this X, R, L, A, B business...
5. The joystick.
4. The fact that in "Jungle Hunt" when you have your hands full swimming under water and fist fighting (or avoiding) alligators, you need to come up for air.
3. The same backgrounds.
2. It's the grandfather (but not great grandfather) of all modern video games.
and the number one reason why ATARI is fabulous...
1. I can actually play it... well, I'm good at one game: Frogger. Ask any TND person and they'll say this is an accomplishment!
More pictures later...
4 comments:
Frogger, eh? I feel like I am playing frogger every time I cross Southwestern to see Adam and Tim.
Now if you were good at Pac Man...
I love playing those old games. I could do that for days. Watch me!
We actually didn't get to Pac Man (although we have it). We were kind of stuck on Jungle Hunt for a while. My bro Ben is great at that game!
hmm...you gotta admit that baseball on atari was quite lacking..
but atari was good at making games fun. games these days are impressive to look at, but the fun factor is..well..CRAP.
cool! you guys are very creative! but, i disagree with juice, i love modern games.
Post a Comment