
I have an Asterix and Obelix comic book from Switzerland that makes fun of stringy, cheesy fondue. This picture definitely reminds me of that comic. I made fondue last night for the TND group. I think I added the milk when it was still a bit too cold, because the cheese became a bit grainy... nothing worse than grainy fondue. But everyone said it tasted okay, so I was happy. I love Gruyere cheese. It has a very different taste to it (not cheddar) and it reminds me so much of my ham and cheese sandwiches that I would take on the tram on my way to whatever activities I had after work last year.

As tradition goes, the only thing you're supposed to drink while eating fondue is white wine. This is to further homogeonize (sp?) the cheese in your stomach so it is easily digestable. Coca Cola has enough acid to do the same and that was the drink of preference last night. Melissa was a bit of a rebel and wanted to try drinking ice cold water with her cheese. I think unless you're eating a whole pot by yourself, you should be fine. Let's hope she has a regular day today... :) If you'll notice in the top right picture, my Christmas tree is decorated! Yes, the journey with the Echo was successful and Anne and I were able to put white lights and gold ornaments on our tree. We finally found a gold star to top our tree (we've been in the market for one for quite some time now...). Tim and Zach decided to sit in the romantic nook for the evening (teehee), with lights around the windows and everything. I forgot to get extra chairs,
some of the guys had to sit on the floor. However, my three friends from church and I crowded on the couch.
"A Charlie Brown Christmas" was on TV last night during TND. I had it running to create atmosphere. All in all, I really enjoy having people over. I wish we all lived closer together, but c'est la vie.
I must quickly say that Kevin built a killer fire (not literally) to christen my fireplace. It couldn't have been at a better time because the weather turned pretty cold last night. Today there's a chance of snow (most likely sleet) and we may not have school tomorrow. We'll see. I need us to have school tomorrow because if we don't, we may not finish our Narnia book by the end of the semester. Mostly, I hope for safe travels of my kids, so I guess their safety comes before us finishing our book...and it would be nice to have a day at home!
3 comments:
I love fondue! You are truly the hostess with the mostest! How fun!
cool! i have never had fondue. it almost snowed here, but it just got unbearibly cold. i cant wait to c narnia!!!!! i wanted to see it on friday, but i cant. well, i gtg.
hope to see you soon!
brantly
You're tree looks awesome! Have fun watching Narnia with all of those 6th graders today!
Post a Comment