
We are studying C.S. Lewis' The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Since the movie is coming December 9th, the other 6th grade Language Arts teachers and I thought it might be fun. Well, my students are so psyched about the movie and all of the hype because of it. Several students who normally are not at all interested in school are buying their own copies of TLWW so they can read it on their own. D students are making 100s on their tests and the angels are rejoicing!
I've tried to recreate Narnia in my c
lassroom, so my students can escape from school for 50 minutes and be focused on our novel. I used brown butcher paper outside my door to outline a wardrobe. I put up a shower curtain rod in the door jamb and hung coats on it. As the children walk in the wardrobe door and through the coats, they come upon two Christmas trees of different sizes and a lamppost! Snowflakes are hanging from the ceiling. As the winter spell of Narnia is broken, I'll take the snowflakes down and see if the kids notice. Then, maybe we can all decorate the trees together. We'll see.
5 comments:
that's really cool! sounds like so much fun!
Laura, you are an AWESOME teacher! I know you are really making this story come alive for your kids! I'm so glad you're blogging!
Hey laura, its me, brantly houston. i was excited to hear that you got a blog! I am also excited about TLWW!! The girls bible class at my school gets to go see it! Hoe lucky!!!!! Whst you did with you room is so awesome!!!! Well gtg.
-brantly
ps you can check out my my blog also. (dont look at the book or avatar one b/c i never update them)
WOW!! You're the coolest! That room rocks!!
No wonder your kids are enjoying it so much!
You are an awesome teacher. Keep it up!
Post a Comment