Monday, October 12, 2009

Eric's Birthday Festivities! ...all about food...

On Thursday, Sept. 24th, my wonderful hubby finally caught up to me -- age 28! We have had quite a few weekends of celebration (mainly because of scheduling conflicts). I surprised him the morning of his birthday with letters that led to a surprise gift under the couch -- an Abraham Lincoln BOBBLEHEAD! Abe has made friends with Sammy Sosa, the Coca Cola Polar Bear, Dwight, and Superman. :)

Friday (Sept 25th) we went with our friends Brandon and Andrea to this:They were the PERFECT people to enjoy this with because Andrea has ties to the Greek community. She gave us the inside scoop on everything! Here we are eating the brochure...not sure why...
And here they are, Brandon and Andrea! So much fun to spend time with them again. It's been awhile.
Saturday, Eric joined me for one of my former students' Quincineras! Abby was my student my first year of teaching. I was the only teacher (that I know of...) at her 15th birthday party, which is a HUGE deal in the Hispanic culture. Here's a picture of me with her cousins and Court of Honor (like the bridal party in a wedding). I taught all of these students. I LOVED seeing them again.
Here's Abby. She looked GORGEOUS! Her theme colors were green and zebra. So cute! I made her a board to go in her room (I'll post about that later).
Here we are goofing off at the party. :)
Last week, the Chinese culture celebrated Moon Festival. My FriendSpeak reader, Yi, brought me a Moon Cake to try. This one had hard egg yolk in the middle. Very interesting... Here's Yi's daughter Rachel who is just the cutest thing ever. I love this girl!
Back to Eric's birthday! This weekend we FINALLY got to celebrate his birthday at the State Fair with Ted and Megan. This is a standing tradition with us (well, we're making it a tradition) because Ted and Megan are State Fair fanatics! You'll see a common theme, so let's just get started...
FOOD! We began the day with Fried Cheesecake - yum. my. favorite. Isn't Eric cute?
Round 2: Jalapeno Shrimp Corn Dogs...mmmmEric had to have his roasted corn! He put too much chili powder on it, though and had to wipe some of it off.
Not pictured is dinner: Deep Fried Grilled Cheese, Chicken Biscuit, Deep Fried Peaches and Cream. I could feel my arteries clogging with every bite!
Here's Ted and Megan sharing one of their beloved Cinnamon Rolls!

We ended our lovely, but cold, day with the Pig Races. We had such a good crowd! We had a blast and really got to catch up during this time. Thanks, Ted and Megan, for making Eric's birthday so much fun!!

...sorry, Jenny, for all the exclamation points...we just had that much fun...do you like these better?...

No comments: