Some of you know this about me, but some of you are unaware...I am a ballerina.
...well, I'd like to be... SO, I took beginner adult ballet this year. I even took an exam -- I passed my Grade 1 Cecchetti Ballet exam earlier this year! At my recital, I got to walk across the stage with my trophy. So fun!

My recital was at SMU on a Sunday afternoon.

Several of my friends came to watch me -- I was so glad they were there! We weren't supposed to wear our costumes out in public, but I did wear my pink tights!
Here's my costume:

We had tambourines, too! We're buying the DVD, so if you see me on a regular basis, you can see the DVD once it's in. I'm front and center since I'm tall! :)
I'm super-excited about this costume for future Halloweens..I'm thinking milkmaid, pirate, gypsie...what else?
5 comments:
That is awesome! I would love to see the DVD...I am a fellow-ballet fan! :)
ooh - ballet sounds fun! I took it for years as a girl, and part of me really misses it; will you be taking more classes?
I think it's so cool that you are doing this and I'd love to see the recital.
Laura - I'm catching up on old blog posts and just saw this one! That's wonderful. Congratulations on your performance. I had been away from ballet for 5 years and just came back this year too. It's such a nice feeling. Oh...I will be in Dallas for a while this July...maybe we can have a catch up? I'll write you...
Jacque
Oh, and now I remember the other comment I was going to make. I'm so glad you are studying Cecchetti! That's what I studied all through elementary and high school. I passed through grade 7 but would love to go back and do my teaching grades. But my school in the UK only does RAD so we'll have to see. ENJOY
Post a Comment