I really enjoy being crafty and personal in gift-giving (when I can), so we decided that I'd make the gifts. I contacted the couples and asked about colors and favorite scriptures and here's what came of it all. Enjoy!
This first one was for Sean and Briana (Orr) Neal. Our Engaged & Newly Married class at church met at a restaurant called "Sweet Tomatoes" and had a couples' shower for them. The colors in their home are sage/oliveish green and neutrals -- blacks, khakis, etc... I found the coolest ribbon at Hobby Lobby that you can't really see in this pic... Here ya go!
The last shower is tomorrow afternoon for Patrick and Chelsea Fariss. I'm most excited about how this turned out! Jenny sent me a blog (http://www.piddlespaints.blogspot.com/) that did this kind of thing, and I kind of copied some of the designs and made it my own. The blog really made me try some new things.
Their colors are dark purple and sage green, and they loved the scripture from 3rd John 4. 
I'm hoping to do some more of this as a little side-thing maybe during the summer. So if any of you would like to commission me to do Christmas gifts or shower gifts or something, let me know! Hopefully I'll get a little better with some more practice.
5 comments:
Wow, Laura! These look amazing! I am really impressed!
cute, laura! very cute. love the new one, especially.
oh, that was from your sis. :)
Beautifully done! What treasures for each couple. I expect you to get lots of opportunities to practice your skills...you'll be in that house in no time!
Laura, those are sooo cute!! What a fun idea!!!
Post a Comment